Not everyone likes the flavor of CBD oil by itself, as it has a hempy taste, so CBD Brownies are great! But no, they’re not the same as pot brownies. These won’t get you high, but they will give you all the benefits of CBD oil and a tasty dessert!
When making something like brownies that are divided up and eaten, you’ll want to make sure each piece of brownie will have a full dose of CBD. For example, if you take 10mg of CBD per day and you’re making 12 brownies, you’ll want to add in 1200mg of CBD to be sure each brownie contains 10mg of CBD. Be sure to stir the brownie mixture VERY well so the CBD is even distributed!
Instead of using CBD oil, you can also use CBD isolate, which often comes in a powder form. This may blend much more easily.
- CBD oil of your choice (or CBD isolate)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Mix the oil and sugar together in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and CBD in and stir until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, and flour together. Stir this mixture into the wet mix from before.
- Pour the brownie mix into a greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away from the pan.
- Allow to cool, and then cut into separate pieces.
Vegan? Try this!
Veganism is just as popular as CBD oil now, and if you’re a friend to animals then you might want to try this brownie recipe instead. It’s equally as delicious, and completely guilt-free.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ½ cups sunflower oil
- CBD oil of your choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the apple sauce, almond milk, sunflower oil, CBD oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet mix and the dry mix, and stir with a hand whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tin.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool, and then cut into evenly sized portions.