If you are a tea lover, you can increase the health benefits by adding CBD to your tea. Tea is already full of antioxidants and can reduce the risk of heart attack, boost your immune system, and improve digestive health. Adding CBD to your tea will multiply these benefits!
What is CBD tea and where can I get it?
You can buy pre-packaged CBD tea, but it can be much more expensive for smaller quantities. Plus, you can’t control the amount of CBD in the tea itself, which isn’t ideal if you need more or less CBD. But if you prefer CBD infused tea that is already ready to go, there are a lot of options on the market to choose from.
I want to make my own CBD tea
If you opt to make your own, it can be a little more complex than other CBD infused foods or drinks. You can’t just put CBD oil into the tea because oil and water do not mix. The CBD needs to be water soluble. Plus, it would not taste great!
First, decide if you’d like to create your own CBD tea using full-spectrum or isolate CBD. Full-spectrum is much more potent and has more benefits than isolate.
Here are the ingredients and directions for making a delicious CBD tea:
- 6 grams freshly ground hemp stems
- 2 cups full-fat milk like coconut, hemp or whole dairy
- ¼ cup (melted) coconut oil or ¼ stick of softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water
- Loose leaf chai tea (or any other flavor) and tea infuser ball
- Honey and cinnamon
- Blend hemp stems, milk, oil and vanilla extract until combined
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for an hour
- Add mixture to saucepan, along with the water from the infuser full of tea leaves
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes (do not let it come to a boil)
- Pour into a mug and add cinnamon and honey
It is important to note that cannabinoids (like CBD) need fat to be absorbed in order to feel all of the relaxing effects of CBD. Therefore, it is recommended that you drink your CBD tea after a meal, rather than on an empty stomach.
- Tea is rich in antioxidants, and can help improve digestive and immune system function
- CBD tea can help with sleep, mood stability, anxiety, inflammation, and more
- You can make your own CBD tea, or buy pre-made CBD tea bags
- If you choose to make your own CBD, it is recommended that you use water soluble CBD so that the CBD can be easily absorbed into your body.